Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Teen Power 2008

Well it's the start of a new school year and things are getting back into gear. We have made a few changes for Teen Power this year and we hope that with these changes we will be able to more effectively minister to the teens of Cincinnati. We've split Teen Power into two sections. So far, unoriginally labeled Teen Power 1 and Teen Power 2. What we're doing is targeting age groups per se, with TP1 focusing on older teens around 15-18 and with TP2 focusing on the younger teens ages 12-15. It's not a age system where teens will graduate into a different program, but simply a new organizational style that will help us focus and develop what we want to happen for the teens. I personally lead the TP1 group and this helps the older group by facilitating maturity and small group discussion. Apathy, poor organization, and unkind treatment of younger teens have been some of the problems for this group. Hopefully with this new system and organization in place we will be able to progress in our ministry.

We are reminded as workers in God's kingdom that we do not do this alone. 'Not by might, nor my strength, but by my Spirit.' says the Lord Almighty. In humility (our utter dependence on God) He will sustain us as we do His work. We would be stupid to think that we do this on our own. It would be a waste of time to do this by ourselves. Sometimes we've tried that and failed. God's reminder to me has been this: I cannot do it on my own. I need His strength and grace, so that I can do what He wants me to do. The key is to allow God to work through me, and not do what I want to do, and then ask for God's blessing.

And we're off.

No comments: